MiniCards is a diplomacy UI mod for Vanguard which provides alternative strategy and parley windows plus new card library and presence windows. It is available as an option with CoreUI3, CustomUI and InfoMap or can be manually installed into other UI mods.
MiniCards UI Windows
|Strategy, Library and Presence Windows plus Strategy Button (v1.5)|
The features of MiniCards compared to the default Vanguard UI are as follows.
- Smaller strategy window with playing cards that are two-thirds the size of the default UI. The appearance of the cards is close to the original, but not identical. The font size of the numbers is the same.
- Less mouse movement required during parleys since the smaller cards and other controls are closer together. The speak and listen buttons have been moved to the strategy window and the farewell/complete button duplicated. (These controls are only seen during parleys).
- Free-floating strategy button to open and close the strategy window directly, making it easier to check your deck before starting a parley. Can be hidden using the toggle button on the strategy window.
- A new card library window for changing cards, opened directly from the strategy window. Displays 30 cards on each page in the same miniature card format. This window behaves like the diplomacy tab in the abilities window, allowing you to drag the cards to the slots in the strategy window.
- Two banks of buttons providing controls to load and save 10 different decks of cards. These are attached to the strategy window and can be shown or hidden as required. Also a button on the strategy window to clear all cards from the current deck.
- Buttons to quickly clear the deck of all cards, report the current status of levers within a city and display the parley options on a targeted NPC.
- A smaller, more compact parley window which uses the same miniature playing cards. Also displays the full names of both the player and the opponent NPC.
- A new miniature presence window reporting your current presence for each station, intended to assist when switching gear to meet presence requirements for NPCs. Can be hidden using the toggle button on the strategy window.
- Both the strategy and library windows can be closed by right-clicking on their window handles.
- A toggle button on the strategy window to open/close the bank of station gear buttons in the GearSwitcher UI mod (if this mod is also installed).
NB: Since the cards are smaller in this mod, I recommend using the rectangular area with the picture and card name as the grabbing point when picking up cards, and likewise aim for this area when dropping cards into the strategy window.
MiniCards In Parleys
|Strategy and Parley Windows During Parleys (v1.2) - Actual Size|
Download and installation instructions for adding MiniCards to another UI mod.
Details of recent updates and the development history of the MiniCards UI mod can be found here.
The following discussion threads can be found on VGinterface.com.